O Fig Balsamic Vinegar
O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Pat pork chops dry and season with salt. Dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a 3 ½ half to 4 quart wide heavy pot such as a dutch oven over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Brown chops in batches, turning over once, about 5 minutes per batch.
- Transfer to plate. Add shallot to pot and sauté until golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Add O Fig Balsamic Vinegar and boil, scraping up the brown bits, until reduced by half. Stir in water, broth and allspice and bring to a simmer.
- Return chops to pot with prunes. Braise, covered, in the middle of oven until chops are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter using a slotted spoon. Boil sauce until reduced to one cup, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and pour over the chops. Garnish with a dab of sour cream if desired, and serve.