O Champagne Vinegar
O Aged Sherry Vinegar
O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Check out the February 2016 issue of Femme Rouge. They list O as one of the brands they love and used our products to develop this tasty recipe. Give it a try!
- Organic cooking oil spray
- 3 oz grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 cups frisée, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 clove garlic, crushed (or more if you like)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 3 tbsp O Champagne Vinegar or O Aged Sherry Vinegar
- 1 cup O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cooked beets (baked or boiled, and peeled)
- 3 – 4 radishes
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
To make the cheese cups:
- Preheat the oven to 300° F.
- Spray a sheet pan with cooking oil. Place cheese onto the pan in 1 tablespoon portions at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake until golden, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool 30 seconds, then quickly lift the circles of melted cheese with a spatula and put each one in a muffin cup. Press down on each one with the bottom of a drinking glass to form a cup. Let cool and set aside.
To make the vinaigrette :
- Combine garlic, both mustards, O Champagne Vinegar (or O Aged Sherry Vinegar), salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk while pouring in the O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil to emulsify.
- Mix salad greens.
- Reserve a spoonful of vinaigrette, then use the rest to dress the greens. Toss well.
- Place a mound of mixed, dressed salad greens in each cheese cup. Top with radishes, a slice of beet, and a few walnuts. Add a few drops of dressing on top before serving.