O Fresh Basil Olive Oil
We love this recipe when it’s cold outside and Summer seems like a distant dream. Phytonutrient-rich and an excellent source of antioxidants — Swiss chard not only makes this recipe delicious — it is rich in vitamin C, K and A. All you need is a food processor and 4 simple ingredients and the sweet fresh taste of O Basil Pesto and summer can be enjoyed anytime. Healthy is good!
- 1/2 cup O Fresh Basil Olive Oil
- 8 leaves Swiss chard, de-stemmed and chopped
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Process the O Fresh Basil Olive Oil, Swiss chard, garlic, pine nuts, cheese and salt and pepper in food processor or blender until mixture is pureed.
- Toss with pasta, smear on french bread, add to cooked white beans or spoon over salmon.