O Blood Orange Olive Oil
O Yuzu Rice Vinegar
O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup O Blood Orange Olive Oil, plus more for brushing
- ¼ cup O Yuzu Rice Vinegar
- ½ thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 3 medium shallots thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 6 1-inch thick tuna steaks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1–2 ruby grapefruit segments
- In medium saucepan heat O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Stir in ginger, garlic and shallots, and soy sauce. Cook until garlic is transparent.
- Remove from stove. Stir in O Blood Orange Olive Oil and O Yuzu Rice Vinegar.
- Return to stove and simmer briefly. About 1 minute. Remove from stove.
- Light grill or heat 2 grill pans.
- Lightly brush tuna steaks with O Blood Orange Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks over moderately high heat, turning once, until medium rare, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer steaks to plates and spoon sauce on top. Garnish with fresh grapefruit segments. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.