O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
O Citrus Champagne Vinegar
We love any opportunity to get on the grill! You can cook almost anything on a barbeque – fruits and vegetables, flatbreads and pizzas, and of course all kinds of meats. The grill is a great, versatile tool that offers an efficient way to cook a variety of dishes and can spare you some of the misery of messy kitchen clean up. Plus, there’s just something so satisfying about the flavors and scents of grilled goodness. Here’s one of our go-to grilling recipes for delicious Dijon marinated chicken breasts.
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, O Citrus Champagne Vinegar, mustard, and rosemary marinade.
- Place chicken in an airtight marinating container (such as a glass storage container) or in a Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal container/bag, and shake to make sure chicken is evenly coated with the marinade. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to fire up the grill, take the marinated chicken out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature while you preheat the grill to medium.
- Grill the chicken breasts for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the juices run clear. Be careful not to overcook the chicken.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the grill and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice the grilled chicken breasts into 1 inch serving portions and place in serving dish. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and thin lemon slices.
If you don’t have a barbeque or any outdoor space for a grill, you can still achieve great grilled flavor indoors using a cast iron grill pan or broiler.