O Blood Orange Olive Oil
O Artisan Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
O Aged Sherry Vinegar
The sweet flavor of baby carrots concentrates when grilling. This simple dish can become a beautiful salad by adding arugula. O Aged Sherry Vinegar with a touch of apricot wine, is the magic counterpoint to the smoked paprika that sends this dish over the top.
- 1/4 cup O Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup O Artisan Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground tarragon
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lb of baby carrots, halved lengthwise and tops trimmed to 1 inch
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp O Aged Sherry Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Marcona almonds sliced in halves
- 5 ounces baby arugula (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl combine the O Blood Orange Olive Oil, the O Artisan Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and the O Aged Sherry Vinegar with all ingredients except the almonds and arugula. Let stand for 30 minutes before placing on grill.
- Grill the marinated baby carrots over moderate heat, turning, until crisp-tender, approx. 3–4 minutes. Remove from grill.
- In the same bowl, sprinkle another splash of sherry vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with arugula and Marcona almonds and taste.
- To punch up the sweet smoky flavors, add a little more O Aged Sherry Vinegar if needed.
- Enjoy !