O Fresh Basil Olive Oil
O Oak Aged Balsamic Vinegar
Juicy, bright, antioxidant-rich tomatoes peak in the summer months and are deliciously versatile. We love making this fresh tomato bruschetta recipe as a light bite to snack on in the shade at a summer picnic or as an easy appetizer for a backyard BBQ. Get playful and experiment with different tomato varieties (we love heirloom tomatoes!). Simple, nutritious and delicious!
- Preheat a broiler or prepare a fire in a charcoal grill.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, O Fresh Basil Olive Oil, O Oak Aged Balsamic and salt to taste. Toss gently and coat well.
- Brush each slice of bread on both sides with O Fresh Basil Olive Oil. Then, place the bread on a baking sheet or grill rack and broil or grill, turning once, until lightly toasted on both sides, about 2 minutes total. Remove from the broiler or grill and immediately rub top side of each slice with the garlic cloves.
- Arrange the bread slices, garlic-rubbed side up, on a serving platter and spoon on the tomato mixture, dividing evenly among slices.
- If desired, give each piece a quick drizzle of O Fresh Basil Olive Oil.
If you have a green thumb or want to give gardening a try, tomatoes are easy to grow at home and are a classic crop in home gardens. Imagine having fresh, luscious tomatoes at your fingertips all summer long!