O White Balsamic Vinegar
O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
One of our favorite goodies to grab at summer farmers markets are fresh strawberries. They’re packed with antioxidants and Vitamin C, and when eaten fresh and whole, they are fat, sodium and cholesterol free. Combine them with the all-mighty superfood kale, and you’ve got a powerful plate full of nutrients. Toss with our sweet O White Balsamic Vinegar vinaigrette and dish up!
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp O White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 6 large curly kale leaves
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- First, wash and dry the kale leaves. Then, tear into small pieces, removing the stems. In a large bowl, massage the kale leaves to soften them up.
- While waiting for the kale to become tender, prepare the vinaigrette. Whisk together the O White Balsamic Vinegar, O California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Toss the kale with vinaigrette, then add sliced strawberries on top.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
Not a fan of pine nuts? Simply swap for slivered almonds or walnuts and enjoy!