O Orange Blossom Vinegar
This Blood Orange and Jicama Salad is a refreshing mix of juicy citrus and crunchy jicama — it’ll make you forget all about the mid-winter blues and give you a healthy dose of Vitamin C!
- 4 blood oranges
- 1 small jicama
- handful of baby spinach leaves
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- O Orange Blossom Vinegar
- Slice the oranges into 1/8 – 1/4 inch slices. Trim the rind with a small sharp knife or scissors. Remove any seeds.
- Peel the jicama and slice it into 1/4 inch slices. Cut the slices into thin matchsticks.
- Arrange the slices of orange on a platter along with the spinach leaves. Scatter the jicama sticks on top, and season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, drizzle with O Orange Blossom Vinegar.
- If you slice the jicama ahead of time, keep it moist under a damp paper towel. Whole jicama should be stored in a cool dry place, just like potatoes. Don’t refrigerate.