Meet farro, an ancient grain originated in Italy that is an adaptable alternative to rice or pasta. With a flavor similar to but nuttier than brown rice, and a more pleasant texture to chew, we chose farro as the foundation for this fresh and friendly Mediterranean salad. Toss with our tasty O Citrus Champagne Vinegar and the below ingredients for an easy and enjoyable dish.
- Prepare farro per package directions. While farro is cooking, prepare the vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the citrus champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard, shallots, salt, and pepper.
- Continue to whisk while slowly adding the olive oil, until the vinaigrette is well combined.
- Next, stir in the minced garlic.
- Place the cooked farro in a large serving bowl, add the artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, and olives.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the farro mixture and stir well.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until needed.
Tip: Jarred or canned artichoke hearts are easily accessible in most grocery stores and will work perfectly for this recipe. We recommend to julienne them, which means to cut them into long thin strips.