We can’t pass up a good arugula salad.
Not only is arugula a low-calorie leafy green, it’s a scrumptious source of vitamins and minerals. Add fresh strawberries to the mix and gain antioxidants, fiber and vitamin C! Strawberries and arugula make a perfect pair as the sweet berry flavor compliments the arugula, which is considered slightly bitter. We prefer baby arugula as it’s a bit more tender and mild. Coat with our simply irresistible vinaigrette and voila!
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Rinse the arugula and strawberries and set aside to dry.
- Spread whole almonds in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Then, bake for 5- 10 minutes, shaking the pan a few times to redistribute the nuts so they toast evenly. Just as they turn golden brown and aromatic, remove and transfer to a cutting board to cool. Then, slice.
- Layer dried arugula and strawberries, plus cooled and sliced almonds in a salad serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients listed above.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, toss gently and serve the rest of the dressing on the side. Finish with additional salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Tip: We recommend toasting whole almonds for the best results, but it’s possible to toast pre-sliced almonds as an alternative. If toasting sliced almonds, cut the baking time to 3 – 4 minutes as the sliced nuts are subject to burning more easily.