A new creation from Sue Moran at The View from Great Island.
The pastel shades of this Shaved Apple and Radish Salad just scream spring — it’s perfect for a holiday table or maybe a date night dinner for two — I feel lighter and healthier just looking at it!
As I’ve said so many times, though, it’s the dressing that makes the salad, and for this one I turned to my collection of O olive oils and vinegars. Their Honey Apple Cider Vinegar is incredible — pop the cork and take a whiff, the scent of cider and honey is heavenly. For this type of salad you don’t want anything heavy, so I just made a simple vinaigrette with the Honey Apple vinegar and O’s Extra Virgin olive oil. Delish!!
- Set your mandoline sliver to the thinnest setting. I set mine just below 1/8 inch. Do a few test slices to see what works best for you. Slice the radishes and the apple. I immediately squeeze the lemon juice on the apple slices to prevent browning, be sure to coat all the surfaces.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and taste to adjust any of the components.
- Toss the radishes and apple slices with the dressing, and then arrange on a platter, along with the mint and nuts. Top with the cheese, and serve right away.
- Yes, you know what I’m going to say, you absolutely need a mandoline for this dish. The apples and radishes need to be sliced paper thin, so that they are flexible and translucent.
- Don’t pile this into a bowl, layer it out onto a nice white plate or platter so you can see the shapes and colors.